Veteran striker, Radamel Falcao is set to make a move to Istanbul to play for Turkish giants, Galatasaray.
Galatasaray announced that they were in talks with Monaco over a possible move of the former Atletico Madrid striker.
The 33 year old who is yet to feature for Monaco this campaign due to injury has been linked to a move to Turkey’s top-flight throughout the summer transfer window.
“Negotiations have started with the footballer and club AS Monaco on the transfer of Radamel Falcao to our club,” a statement by Galatasaray read on Saturday.
The Colombian has pitched his tent with the French side since making a move from Atletico Madrid in 2013.
Falcao stirred his Monaco side to Ligue 1 glory in the 2016/17 campaign, registering 80 goals across all competitions during his time at the club.
The striker stated during the summer that he would be willing to go on a new challenge away from the French side
“The truth is that I still have a year of contract and the club did not offer me an extension,” the veteran forward said following a friendly win over Sampdoria.
“So I have to think about my future, my family.
“I am studying the offers I have been offered. These are good opportunities for my career.
“I have to think about my family.”
Monaco, however have other plans for Falcoa as they look to keep him in Turkey for another season.
Club CEO Oleg Petrov warned the Colombia International earlier in the summer that it was necessary he respected his contract.
“Falcao is a great professional,” Oleg Petrov said at the time.
“He has ambitions obviously, he wants to play the Champions League and we understand him, but we want him to stay at the club, he has a contract and he has to respect it.”